Saturday, April 21, 2007

friday and saturday

On Friday night five of us decided to attend some kind of camp fire at Faiths house. Seriously, is there anything better than sitting around a campfire, outside of the city on a clear night? So after beating Dawn in a quick game of Rock, Paper, Scissors (honestly, everyone knows that you go with Rock first), we piled into Dawn's car and began the 40 minute trek to this little house in the woods. The largest reason why I put this up here is to show the beard progress- this will be important for later.
Now, is it just me or are most campfires almost the same. They are great, but generally speaking whenever a group of 10-15 Christian young adults get together you can count on a number of characters being represented. One guaranteed character to be present is what I like to call "the loud guy"- you know who he is. He tells jokes that often make no sense- but he's expressive, so its still funny. The loud guy made an appearance at this gathering but unfortunately I didn't get any spy pics of him.

However, I did get a spy pick of 'guitar guy'. I know you're with me on this one. It's practically a prerequisite that some guy (typically 25 years old and single) brings his guitar and starts with some EMO song and then, just so the girls really like him,- switches to some worship song he wrote while doing his devotions the other week. Classic.
Now, the following character only appears at various times. It's hard to find a solid 'beard guy' at most of these gatherings. To my delight we happened to have one last night. I did feel a little shame around him about my current beard status but was able to admire his beard from a distance. It did not help the situation when Faith (pictured far right) said 'hey 'beard man's name' my friend Chris likes your beard"... ya, that's not awkward. All in all, it was a good campfire.

Today was the greatest temperature day of all time. For such occasion I spent most of the afternoon inside watching the Raps lose Game 1 (no worries there- sidenote: ESPN's female commentator is the SINGLE WORST ANALYST IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS- (this is not because she is a woman, rather because she doesn't know anything about basketball). Later on I took a walk to the forest near the residence for the first time in almost three weeks and shot some pics...

6 comments:

Angela Wallace said...

i like your beard.

it's always good to sit on a log by a river.

a.

Anonymous said...

Ok first, i let you win. Second, you parked my car crooked on the trip home. Finally, what's the difference between you and matt and us girls?

Anonymous said...

ha!

"what's the difference between you and matt and us girls?"

1. they are introverts.
2. they are men.

Chris Lewis said...

1. It's rude to post anonymously...
2. I did not park your car crooked.
3. I am a man.

NathanColquhoun said...

1. we used to have bonfires 4/7 nights a week in Sarnia during the summer, and half of those we'd do them at the beach.

2. sarnia is better.

3. can't wait till your in sarnia

4. i think i was the loud guy and the guy with the guitar all at once, crap!

Adrienne said...

Chris you are a funny man.
I found your blog via Nathan's blog.