Tuesday, April 17, 2007

one class down...

It's 7:10pm on Tuesday evening and things are chilling out around here. The weekend was fairly ridiculous in terms of writings and such but it appears that the worst of it may be over. I still have no interviews for a project that is based on getting interviews but I've got at least 10 days to track some down...

Today marked the official completion of the class Biblical Faith and Economics. We still have one more class next Tuesday but my work was finished today when I handed in a paper and presented on Confessions of an Economic Hitman. C'est tout.

The professor is Dr. John Stapleford. He may be the greatest Christian economist that I know (never mind the amount of Christian economists that I know). He also may believe too heavily in the market to fix the world but I am not a Christian economist- so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Without fail Dr. Stapleford says something negative about Canada at least once per week. I take this as a compliment. After all, he never makes fun of Israel or Nigeria. It is the equivalent of a young boy making fun of the girl he likes just so she'll pay some attention to him. I believe that he secretly wants to be a Canadian for the following reasons:

1) hybrid cars are more popular in Canada (I realise that is conjecture)
2) he could spell things with an 's' more than with a 'z'- see 'realise' above.
3) he could partake in protesting seal hunting.
4) he wouldn't need MediCare or whatever its called.
5) he looks sort of British and could be found watching such shows as Coronation Street and no one would even think that he is American.

In other news... I'd like to ask you to help me clarify something.

If you think back to your childhood (or even present day...Paul Randall!), how do you pronounce 'Mario' of the Super Mario Brothers.

Is it: mArio OR maRio?

If you are Italian I would especially appreciate your input- Uncle Frank?

It is possible that a Canadian used one of these pronunciations today and 11 people said 'what did you just say?

5 comments:

mclaren.ic said...

i like to pronounce it more like mah-rio, like 'it'sa mah-rio.' good luck finishing off all your work, buddy boy.

Faith said...

What??? No picture. This makes me sad!

Faith said...

Still waiting.

Anonymous said...

I'd be curious to hear more of what you thought of Perkins' "Confessions." I read the book this month and was actually quite disappointed.

Grace and peace.

Shannon said...

mArio!!!