Friday, April 13, 2007

playoff beards

The NHL playoffs started a couple of days ago which inevitably means two things: 1) games will go into double, triple or even quadruple overtime before a team wins and 2) 60% of the players on each team will grow playoff beards. According to ancient proverbs the growing of a playoff beard increases the chances of winning... or something like that.

While I am officially not in the NHL playoffs I have decided also to grow a playoff beard for many of the same reasons. It will increase my chances of doing well in school...or something like that.

Playoff beards mean that its crunch time and you have to pull out all the stops. To me, all the stops include writing...and writing... and then sleeping followed by writing.

In other news...

I had a tube of toothpaste that I thought was empty two weeks ago. Since that time I have continued to use it two, sometimes three times a day and it has yet to run dry. I believe this to be the equivalent of the widows jar of oil in 2 Kings 4. However, I believe my faith may actually be running out...

Also- I found this great little bagel shop where I go to study. I have also become addicted to diet coke.

And I'm writing a paper on the environment and eschatology. I don't think there's anything there but we'll see.

(ps... jokes about that last statement)

6 comments:

mclaren.ic said...

diet coke = sick. i have a bit of a playoff beard going too, but it's because i'm too lazy to take the 5 minutes to shave, and would rather use that time in the morning to check fantasy baseball.

Angela Wallace said...

jackson -

good to know you brush your teeth two, sometimes three times a day.

the real question: are you a spearmint or peppermint toothpaste person?

these are the important thigns in life.

lynne.

Chris Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Lewis said...

(i deleted my own comment...made a mistake!)

Jay- my favorite logical fallacy was this one:

ted haggard cared about the environment + ted haggard hired male prostitutes and bought meth = caring for the environment is idolatry.

and my favorite hypocritical line went something like this:

"promoting an environmental crisis is wrong because it causes fear among God's people... but we should expect this because the end times are here!!!".

Faith said...

I noticed you have been drinking an awful lot of diet coke lately. I could here you sipping it next to my ear in class.....so distracting. Whatever gets you through the rough days.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Chris - - what a mess...wow. Obviously people who care about the environment are far more likely to take illegal drugs and sleep with prostitutes - - it stands to reason!

Jay