Saturday, January 27, 2007

discoveries

Things that I have discovered since being here:

Living in the United States is almost like living in Canada except for the following things that I've noticed:

1) driving is ridiculous- anyone and everyone pushes the limits....yellow lights are treated like green lights and the first 5 seconds of red lights are yellows...

1a) I've seen someone pulled over by the coppers at least once a day...sometimes twice.

2) the gas stations make you pay first...this is annoying.

3) the pizza is generally better.

4) the location of all signs and stop lights make no sense- (a problem Jay and I encountered on our Minneapolis to Winnipeg trip).

5) not everyone owns a gun.... but my roommate does own one for hunting purposes... not for 'git off ma land' purposes.

More things I have discovered:
6) the musical stylings of: Patty Griffin, Aaron Espe and Josh Radin...all excellent additions to anyones collection.

7) that international development is more complicated than I ever imagined...

8) Americans think I know everything about curling.

3 comments:

jaylocke said...

You should know everything about curling - - give me a break - - are you or are you not Canadian?

JL

PS - just send the questions my way - i'd be happy to answer them.

Chris Lewis said...

you forget that I'm from the centre of Canada where curling isn't as big...

remember the 2002 olympics in my room...bonding over the Canadian gold medal curling match... oh, those were good times.

mclaren.ic said...

dude, you should come back to manitoba. curling is frickin' everywhere.