Wednesday, May 02, 2007

almost there.

I just finished (minus some edits) my last assignment of the semester.

In the words of Will Ferrel, it was "a performance so scrumtrilescent, I can barely move"

seriously, i can barely move.

We're going to D.C. in the morning to visit the World Bank, USAID and International Justice Mission). It'll be good to talk to these people and see what they have to say for themselves...
Since I've been here I've gotten a pretty skewed opinion of WB and USAID, so maybe they'll say something to change my mind?

The assignment I just finished was a large paper on eschatology and the environment.
I learned a lot writing this thing. I also am developing a love for a book called, For the Common Good by Daly & Cobb.

I end the paper with a quote from that book...

Yet there is hope. On a hotter planet, with lost deltas and shrunken coastlines, under a more dangerous sun, with less arable land, more people, fewer species of living things, a legacy of poisonous wastes, and much beauty irrevocably lost, there will still be the possibility that our children’s children will learn at last to live as a community among communities. Perhaps they will learn also to forgive this generation its blind commitment to ever greater consumption

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris...sounds like a great read. Congrats on being finished the first semester. Have fun in MB - give Ian and Lauren a kiss on the lips for me...

See you when you get home...soon I guess? Have you been away this long yet??

Jay