Saturday, May 12, 2007

the peg

Yesterday I flew to Winnipeg to see Ian and Lauren for a few days. The trip wasn't looking like it was going to get off to a good start when Jay (who drove me to the airport) and I were still in traffic at 7:45am... with a flight at 8:20am.... but it turned out alright and I made it to the farthest possible boarding station with 3 minutes to spare.

The flight included an orange juice instead of the typical Canada Dry ginger ale- it was rather early.

Upon arriving the three of us took part in many activities which included a quick stop at a local university so Lauren could check out some books, a trip to Chapters, lunch and then- a matinee viewing (for only $2.00!) of Reign Over Me- which I can say without threat to my masculinity, contains two of the saddest scenes I've witnessed on the big screen in a while.

Then dinner at the Mclaren's was prepared specially by Lauren.... it was a birthday dinner... woot woot.

The day then finished off with some NHL playoff watching, The Office and Arrested Development.
----

I think we're headed into the city today for a storytelling festival and hit up some used book stores... what a weekend!

No comments: