Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bluth Company vs Dunder Mifflin?

In June of 2005 I was introduced to Arrested Development and it quickly became what I wouldn't hesitate to call "the best show ever made". For the next year and a half I collected all three seasons and watched them over and over and over- they are pure comic genius.

Since my love affair with this show began I had always heard the whispers, the voices quietly suggesting that I should watch The Office- that it might be even better than my beloved. "never" I thought.

I have started to watch The Office- and it too is pretty much comic genius.

So now I have a dilemma. In a debate of best comedic shows of all time would I abandon Tobias, Gob and George Michael in favor of these paper producing office workers?, or remain true to my roots and maintain that AD is the funniest of all time?

I'm at a loss... I'm not sure if I'm ready to make that decision.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally, lewis. i've been trying to get you to watch 'the faces of scranton' for a while now. as for this particular dilemma, that IS is tough one. i started watching the office before AD, so i am in some ways leaning towards Michael Scott and his 'family' over the Bluths. i think it all depends on how long the office rolls and if they can sustain the hilarity. season 2 of both series is just about as good as it gets, but we all know what happened in S.3 of the bluths. either way, they're both amazing.

Anonymous said...

haha! i love the office. never seen arrested development though... i am behind the times.

angela

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I'm going to have to throw my vote towards the office. I find myself regularly laughing, by myself, three episodes later at both the awkwardness of every situation in the Office - - but I also laugh at the awkwardness of Paul Randal and Chris Clements when they're watching it! Pure comedy.

Jay Locke

PS - I too am a fan of arrested development - - but what a tragedy that three seasons later - - - its all over...too bad really.

Chris Lewis said...

i can just imagine Paul putting both hands at the side of his head and quietly whispering.. "ahhh...."
and Chris Clements making some sort of high pitched wheezing sound.

Faith said...

Come on my Canadian friend...The Office wins...no questions asked! It's not just about the show, it's about the company in your presence when you are watching!!!