Tuesday, February 13, 2007

staying up late...

It's 1:50am and I can't remember the last time I stayed awake this long to finish an assignment that was due the next day. I realize that it probably wasn't that long ago, but it feels like it was. As I was walking down to the computer lab to print this paper off I thought about the time when I was a frosh at Tyndale, preparing for the History of Christianity mid-term with Gord Heath. This is a top 10 Tyndale moment for me. Essentially three friends and I decided to study together on the night before the test. One of us had the great idea of renting the video series- The History of Christianity from the library. "Think of all the extra facts we'll have!" was the rationale. The idea was presented to the group and three of us fell for it while the fourth said "I don't know guys, I think I'll just look at the notes from class".
"Sucker", we thought.

I distinctly remember looking at Nathan Betts at 3am, after finishing the 2nd of 4 videos. His face showed an expression of helplessness... simultaneously we said to each other "we're screwed...".

As it turns out, we were.

Staying up late to study is bad news.

I think the guy who studied the notes got an 'A'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got 98% on my first Heath exam...that was about 20% more than any history mark before that - - or after that...ever.
JL