Sunday, February 18, 2007

shoot...it's Sunday night...

It seems as though most weekends are fairly typical around here. In the days before grad school the weekends were times of freedom and adventure- never knowing what a typical Friday night or Saturday might hold. These days are too predictable. This isn't a complaint...

Most Fridays involve working at the Valley Forge campus. I'm doing some web stuff for Eastern (which essentially means uploading all the materials onto their server for overseas education-- ...its fairly mindless...which means a day at the computer listening to music, scanning and editing pdfs...a nice break).

Either Friday night or Saturday night involves some kind of excursion, but generally not both nights. This weekend I chose to stay in on Friday and go out on Saturday. It's possible that a group of us may have gone and seen a movie with Drew Barrymore in it- I can neither confirm nor deny this. I may have mentioned to someone I went with "we can never tell anyone we went to see this movie". Again, I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Sundays look like this: Church--its good- I like those people, mostly because they are really nice and there isn't the slightest hint of the suburbs or the sense that trendiness is important. After church its back to the books for the rest of the day, or until I'm done all my work up until Tuesday-- so far this hasn't happened, but I've been close a couple times. Today it also involved a nap and figuring out how to make/ edit videos...

This week is going to be fantastic for the following reasons:
1) Nathan and Rachel are coming for a visit. Fantastic!
2) The Leafs are in town this Saturday... I may venture down to the Wachovia Center and try and catch the game with a guy named Joe who says to me at least once a week: "how's the hoockey in Canada eh?" (I threw in an extra 'o' because that's how he says it- when he's trying to make fun of Canadians).
3) In exactly one week it will be four days until Spring break. This should prove to be the equivalent of the full manifestation of the kingdom of God coming to earth- although I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for calling on saturday, louis. don't say i didn't warn you about that movie. have fun at the hockey game.