Thursday, March 08, 2007

Aaron Espe

I don't know that I've ever used a post to straight up promote an artist. However I have to...I must share this music. I was first introduced to the music of singer/songwriter Aaron Espe about two months ago by my grad school roommate (who incidentally knows Aaron). He mentioned that this guy used to play with The Fray before they got big and due to various circumstances stopped playing with them. (I don't really know the story...it could just be a rumour). Anyway, I would say his debut release 'My Whole Life' might just be my favorite cd of the last three years... check out some of the songs here.

"Hearing his music is like the experience of not realizing how thirsty you are until you start drinking....There's no doubt that this is some of the most gorgeous male folk you'll hear." -- CD Baby, Largest Distributor for Independent Music

Now THAT is an endorsement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't realize that you were in to 'gorgeous male folk' ... BAH! but seriously folks, i'll check it out. you've always been a solid source for tunes.

Chris Lewis said...

i said it was quite an endorsement...

Anonymous said...

yeah its good stuff for sure. you can also get the cd off itunes for $9.99 which is cheaper than the online store linked from his site.