Thursday, March 15, 2007

rockstars

Today I'm going to UPENN to see a rockstar.

Well, in the world of International Development- William Easterly is a rockstar.


I have to read his book The White Man's Burden for two weeks from now- so his talk will hopefully provide a foundation to that reading... and will probably also help me to better understand why foreign aid is more harmful than helpful. Plus, for one hour of my life I get to pretend that I go to an Ivy League school. I'd better bring my camera...wait, ivy league students wouldn't bring their cameras... I'll bring my pipe instead...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
Can you blog about it?
I went out to dinner with Robyn and her friends a few nights ago (they're all politics majors). They pointed out how funny it was that dev majors are typically a bunch of whites lamenting western white interference in foreigners lives ... while in the same breath advocating more interference, albeit of a different sort (aka, i'm here to solve all your problems).

jaylocke said...

Yeah I'll be meeting with Lloyd and Sandra and Veleyne and Joan and Floyd and Ira tomorrow - - pretty much the same thing...

Chris Lewis said...

Joan... Jamaican patties all around..!

Joan Cameron said...

Just let me know when you're going to be here and I'll have JA patties for sure!